So, this weekend I fixed another issue that had been bugging me for a while. For my reloading area I have a wooden bench that was sturdy but would still flex under the pressure of the press when cranked. I see this issue often on Youtube videos and it leads to spilled powder and cases falling off the feed platform.
I decided to weld up a stand similar to the one on “Ultimate Reloader”, but I wanted to integrate it into the bench so I would have still some surface to place various items on. So lets get started. Here is your list of required items
- 3″ square steel tubing in the desired length (I reload standing so I chose 41″)
- 2 x 1/4″ steel plates. 1 x 4″x8″ (top) and 1 x 12″x12″ (bottom)
- A way to drill holes ( I used a drill press)
- A welder ( I used a stick welder)
- Some spray paint ( you choose the color)
- two nuts to weld to the underside of the top plate for easy press mounting
Anyway, project is pretty straight forward. Just drill the holes in the top plate to match the setup of press you are using. Then weld the nuts to the underside of it, for my project I added some holes to attach it to the existing work bench, and then weld the plates to each end of the square tube. Here is the finished product. Total cost is about $30.- If you have any questions, just leave me a comment below. The time requirement is about 3 hours with painting.